Senior Software Developer/Java Engineer – NYC- Proclivity Systems, Inc.
Proclivity Systems is looking for a bright, passionate, entrepreneurial Senior Software Engineer, with experience in data structures and algorithms, database & systems design, and building RESTful apps.
The Developer is responsible for the design, development, operations of the data analytics framework supporting real-time data & media transactions, reporting, and advanced predictive analytics in an agile environment. The development focuses on automation and scaling. This role requires the candidate to possess, or have a willingness to acquire, skills in large-volume data manipulation with big data technologies.
The ideal candidate is willing to become a cross-functional member of the team, and supporting wherever help is needed.
Proclivity is recognized as one of the industry’s most advanced predictive analytics and real-time marketplace technology platforms and is responsible for driving sales worldwide for leading brands in retail, travel, sports, and most recently, pharmaceuticals/healthcare. Proclivity has built and operates the first real-time data and media exchange in the healthcare industry, LayerRx, with an overwhelming majority of premium pharmaceutical companies, healthcare publishers, and data providers as market participants.
Businessweek recognized Proclivity as one of the “Top 50 Promising Tech Startups” and the company has been featured in Fast Company, The New York Times, AdExchanger, Internet Retailer, and many other major publications on technology and innovation.
● Design, develop, code-review, test, document, and deploy data processing framework and client-facing application components
● Work cohesively with product management, fellow engineers, and DevOps to develop, test, and deploy components
● Investigate and resolve customer and production issues
● 5+ years of Core Java development (or equivalent experience)
● 4+ years of SQL
● A strong understanding of algorithms and data structures, and their performance characteristics
● Strong understanding of relational databases and NoSQL stores
● Experience with big data processing frameworks (ie. Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Pig Latin, etc.) is preferred
● Experience with RESTful interfaces and protocols
● Experience with Git (Bitbucket, Github) or similar tools
● Proficiency in working and developing on Linux: Red Hat, CentOs, Fedora, or Debian/Ubuntu
● Proficiency in (ie. 1+ years) of Perl and/or Python experience
● Experience with automated testing (TDD, Mocking, Unit/Functional/Integration)
● Great interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills; including the ability to create technical
specifications, debate technical tradeoffs, and explain technical concepts to business users
● A strong problem solving mindset, and a willingness to learn
● Experience with Cloud Computing, such as AWS, is a plus
● Masters in Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
● Other evidence of passion, technical expertise, and accomplishments in these fields
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume to: email@example.com